Chicken tikka is one of the most popular chicken starters or appetizers from Indian cuisine. Most of the time we prepare chicken tikka recipe in the charcoal heat, but this time we will be making tikka on a flat frying pan(Tawa) which is very easy, simple, and tasty.
Follow the steps and you will get a fabulous result at home.
Boneless chicken works best for this recipe. I prefer using chicken breast, but you can use chicken thighs as well.
For better results, you should marinate it with yogurt, ginger and garlic paste, lemon juice, oil, salt, or spices overnight or even longer. Chicken Tikka consists of soft chicken cubes or in different forms.
You will get the same smoky flavor that you get in restaurants in the comfort of your home and at a much lesser price.
Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Tread the chicken pieces, diced onion, tomato, and bell pepper onto the skewers.
Vegetables are totally optional if you like them surely you can add them.
400 grams boneless chicken cubes
1 1/2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
2 tbsp hung curd
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp Kasuri methi/fenugreek leaves
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp cumin powder
1 medium-size deseeded tomato
1 medium onion
8 wooden skewers
1) Place the chicken in a large bowl and add whole spices, lemon, and curd into the chicken. Mix together and set aside for 30 minutes for better results refrigerate overnight.
2) Now add tomato, capsicum, and onion to the marinated chicken.
3) Thread the chicken onto the skewers along with some chunks of onion, tomato, and capsicum. The rest of the chicken sticks in the same pattern.
4) Take a non-stick pan(Tawa), add 1 tablespoon oil, and heat it.
5) Place the chicken tikka sticks on the pan.
6) Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on medium heat. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon oil and turn the chicken sticks and cook the other side too for 5 to 6 minutes.
7) Keep turning and cook each side for 3 to 4 minutes on low heat.
8) For a smoky flavor, be careful with this step put direct chicken tikka sticks on the flame. While cooking, keep rotating the skewers for 1 to 2 minutes.
Juicy and smoky flavored chicken tikka is ready. Serve with curd(raita), onion, and lemon.