Chicken 65 is another variety of chicken side dishes originated from South India. This is a flavourful and easy-to-cook recipe, the perfect starter for parties and get-together with kith and kins.
This is specially prepared with boneless chicken by marinating and frying chicken bites coated with flour and curry leaves. There are so many ways to make this dish.
Now, let’s see how to cook:
- 500 grams boneless chicken
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1/2tsp red food color(optional)
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 1tbsp all-purpose flour(maida)
- 1tsp cumin powder
- Salt as per your taste
- 1tsp white vinegar
- 1tbsp hot sauce
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 4 green chilly cut into two pieces
- Few curry leaves
1) In a mixing bowl add chicken pieces.
2) For marination we need some spices ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, Kashmiri red chili powder, black pepper, red food color, cornflour, all-purpose flour, cumin powder, and salt.
3) Mix up all the ingredients. And set aside for 1 hour in the refrigerator or overnight in the refrigerator.
4) Heat oil in a pan or kadhai and deep fry chicken on medium-low heat until golden and crispy.
5) Fry in small batches.
6) After 2 minutes flip the chicken on another side.
TEMPERING FOR CHICKEN 65:
1) Take another pan and pour ½ tbsp oil on the low heat. Add curry leaves, green chili stir it for 30 seconds.
2) Add soy sauce, hot sauce, white vinegar.
4) Now, add the fried chicken and mix well.
Serve hot and spicy chicken 65 with lemon wedges.