Gobi Manchurian or cauliflower Manchurian is an INDO CHINESE CUISINE. I have always been a huge fan of the gobi Manchurian recipe and it is perhaps one of the frequent recipes, the best super delicious and crispy gobi Manchurian at home with this simple recipe.
The Manchurian recipe can be made using vegetables, soya chunks, chicken, fish, etc.
The Gobi Manchurian is an all-time favorite recipe in my family.
I personally like the dry variation as an appetizer which is made with cauliflower, cornflour, soy sauce, lemon, rice flour, ginger, garlic, etc.
Some easy and important tips and suggestions while preparing the dry gobi Manchurian recipe.
Clean the gobi florets and wash them gently.
To make the batter for frying the cauliflower, you will need all-purpose flour, rice flour, cornflour, ginger and garlic paste, salt, chili sauce, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, hot sauce, cumin powder, and pepper powder.
Rice flour and cornflour is helped to make it crispier.
You can use any kind of oil for frying the florets or Cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Turn the cauliflower over, brush with oil again and continue to cook for another 5 mins. You will have perfectly crispy cauliflower.
½ KG cauliflower
3 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp all-purpose flour/maida
1 ½ tbsp rice flour
1/3 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
¼ tsp cumin powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup of water
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
3 tbsp hot sauce
1 tbsp crushed ginger & garlic
3 green chili
1 tbsp lemon juice
1) Clean cauliflower florets and wash 3-4 times with water. Drain water completely set aside.
2) Take a large mixing bowl to add corn flour, all-purpose flour, rice flour, black pepper powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, cumin powder, salt.
3) Mix all dry ingredients together.
4) Add water and make a lump-free batter.
5) Batter should not be runny and too thick.
6) Add cauliflower into the batter and dip well.
7) Heat oil on medium flame in a wok or Kadai.
8) When the oil is heat add cauliflower florets into the oil.
9) After 1-2 minutes flip the cauliflower floret and fry till they turn golden brown and crunchy.
10) Take another pan pour 2 tbsp oil.
11) Add crushed ginger and garlic and sauté them for 30 seconds.
12) Now, add hot sauce, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, and soaked slit green chili with lemon juice.
13) Mix it well and add 1 tbsp of water.
14) When the bubbles start forming add fried gobi mix well and switch off the flame.
15) Gobi Manchurian is ready. Garnish with some coriander leaves and spring onion.